Thursday, October 18, 2007

A little animated inspiration...

The other day I met another classical animator who recently jumped on board the BigFott project. He's a graduate of VFS with some fantastic animation...his effects work in particular is nothing short of spectacular. Check him out (I like to promote good art when I see it!)...

http://www.jontbrown.blogspot.com/

His style reminds me alot of New York animator Patrick Smith, with the sketchy line quality and visible construction lines. This was inspiring to me because it's the same kind of look I want to achieve for 'Nigel' where the drawings are clean but not TOO clean...rough around the edges. I can also tell that some International Rocketship folks like Marv Newland had some input into his graduate film, cuz it has some of those same qualities.

There's lots of animation events happening in Vancouver over the next few weeks with independent shorts hosted by the NFB, so I'm expecting this will give me lots of inspiration to re-visit production.

No comments: